No More Incinerators has found out that OPAL and Suez are seeking a meeting with the Environment Minister, Matt Kean to get an exemption from the recent announcement banning the burning waste in the Sydney basin.
So why is this a bad idea?
If granted, Suez could submit their EIS in the next 4 – 6 weeks and start the process to get approval to build their incinerator!
To stop this happening, we need every person who cares about their health and the environment to submit letters to Matt Kean and Rob Stokes requesting that they refuse Suez and Opal’s request for an exemption to the ban on burning waste in the Sydney Basin ASAP.
That way there will be no point in Suez submitting an EIS and the incinerator will not be built!
So how do I object?
Click on the links below and follow the instructions to submit an objection directly to each minister’s office and make sure that you receive a reply!
You could create your own objection or copy from the following sample letters.
The links to write to each parliamentary office are as follows:
- Rob Stokes, Minister for Planning and Public Spaces | www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/ministers/minister-for-planning-and-public-spaces/ and make sure you copy your objection to his personal email: Rob.Stokes@parliament.nsw.gov.au
- Matt Kean, Minister for Energy and the Environment | www.nsw.gov.au/your-government/ministers/minister-for-energy-and-environment/ and make sure you copy your objection to his personal email: Matt.Kean@parliament.nsw.gov.au
A step by step guide to lodging your objection
- Your details | Complete your name, address and contact details
- Subject | Insert RE: PROPOSED SUEZ WASTE INCINERATOR – OPAL PAPER MILL, MATRAVILLE
- Type of enquiry | select ‘Meeting Request’
- Message | You may type your objection or attach documents
- Attachments | Attach your written objection and any supporting documents.
- I would like a response | Check box to ensure that you receive a reply and reference number.
- I’m not a robot | Check box